Please sign this petition as a start...

www.movetoamend.org

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Plunderer's and thievery continued...

Broadway Safeway (1997) had no problem paying me a meager wage as a pharmacy B tech (which I could not pay my rent and eat on most of the time, I had no one to turn to for help...) and requiring me to do A tech level work (they got paid double the wage because they have the certificate) in order to keep my job. This is an illegal form of thievery and usury done to me as an employee trying to survive in the late 90s recession. Safeway didn't care and they knew they had me bent over a barrel. I never made a single mistake dispensing (unlike other's who did including pharmacists; this was brought out at the time on our local news stations and papers), running insurance or anything. To top it off they never bothered to train me, I had to mostly figure it out on my own. The first two pharmacists I worked with said they didn't train people. What bullshit. The third pharmacist who came along was great and fun and helpful, but it was too late for me by then... Too bad pharmacist assistants weren't in unions and training a requirement--it would have made it easy! I never found the job difficult, I just needed to know how to use the computer programs (two different computers)is all--about an hour's worth of training at most! I eventually figured it all out anyway. Where's the other half of my wages? This does not include the hostile environment I had to work in day to day, leading to a high level of abuse by cruel people in power niches outside of the pharmacy. It was considered to be one of the worst safeways to work at and that is why there were job openings there. I was warned early on by the Head Pharmacist as to how mean the store workers were. The nice people that worked there that I knew, left early on once I started working there. I tried to leave to, but could find no openings for B techs at other Safeways or other pharmacies anywhere in Seattle... Everyone just wanted A techs.

CPC Stepworks increased my workload by having me do the ordering of supplies from Costco and Vistar Products and the accounting for Stepworks vending on top of being the main trainer for years of mentally hanicapped clients(2001--2007), and my boss Peggy Bailey tried hard to get me paid more dollars an hour. I think the Director Nick Codd tried as well. The CEO of CPC decided minimum wage was suffiicient with no wage/cost of living increases for years. My duties also included driving a truck, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems with machines, setting up work schedules, loading the truck and machines properly with all our product, and dealing with any contingencies that came along. I also counted money and made bank drops. Why was I only paid minimum wage. I have since cut back my duties out of protest of being used by the CEO.

Getting paid $10 an hour to do heavy cement work with Patrick at Sonje's house in Magnolia Hill was very unfair. People who do that kind of work I've been told get paid around $40 an hour. I even had to give up my Seattle Philharmonic tickets that day to help Patrick finish the job with substandard tools. A nightmare.

Jim Ware's WSCS (whom I was employed by as an independent contractor) at the Seattle Tower still owes me a guestimate of around $6000 or so dollars. Jim claims it's Legacy Partners who owe the money and he and other tenants are suing Legacy Partners right now. It may be many years before any kind of settlement (if ever)can be reached. It has yet to go to court. Legacy Partners (Building Managers) who I've been told are going under financially now are being sued for money not paid to Jim Ware's WSCS. This does not entirely make sense to me because Nattapawn and David were being paid every month, I know Melissa was not being paid properly and she lost her apartment because of this and quit and complained to the building managers about Jim (Legacy partner's Jan and Heather), left her keys and badge and walked out! I was paid about half of what I was owed each month and Jim promised me he'd keep paying me even after he and Nattapawn lost the contract. I haven't seen hardly any money since, which means that on a monthly basis when I worked there was just pocketing the money he owed me without any intention of paying me. He told me he'd start paying me once he got his new job (which was loss prevention at Rite Aid). Another lie. he gave Nattapawn the good paying Building Steward job (whose been a friend of his family, his baby sitter and worked for him for many years) even though he promised it to me. In stead I got the much harder job of facilities, deep cleaning and maintenance that pays much less... Thank you Jim for blatantly leading me on and lieing to me. This is after Jim told me I was his best worker/trainer at The Seattle Tower and wanted me to some day run a commercial building for him. People I trained for Jim (in what little time he allowed me to, I needed more time to train his new hires) were repeatedly not liked by Nattapawn. Why? They seemed competent, just needed necessary training and leadership which never came from Jim nor especially Nattapawn--who could not train, lead, or do much of anything beyond security. I helped Edrol in engineering off the books and did the day porter job as well. I wish I could have defended those people that Jim said he had to let go of because of Nattapawn. Nattapawn seems to get jealous of people who are obviously more competent than her, including experiences i had with her. To top it off, David (who worked for Jim in WSCS for many years) royally screwed over a bunch of demo contractors at The Seattle Tower (whom I was getting to know and really a good bunch of guys) and they truly wanted to kill David, the whole group of contractors cornered me twice begging me to come back to do security in David's place. I told them I was so sorry, but was more interested in doing Building Engineering with Edrol and the day porter work. Security and concierge work at The Seattle Tower I found to be pretty boring. David turned out to be real sleazy. Jim told me he had to blame me for something I didn't do wrong in his words "we have to take the blame for things we didn't do in order to save his company" when dealing with the Building managers, who were also quite sleazy. Nattapawn would try to take credit with the Building Managers for things I had done, I caught her doing it and Jim wouldn't do anything about it. he'd just shrug. Not trying to belabor Nattapawn's ineptness, but I had to show her how to attach a dust mop handle and how to turn on a vacuum cleaner when at The Knights of Columbus amongst other things. Even though she has a master's degree, it means nothing. She is too inept to do anything more than security I believe. I think Penny is fooled by Jim and her. Reggie and I can't figure out why Penny is fooled?

How do I get remunerated for my services rendered? Jim Ware has the books of our hours worked, we do not. I even worked about 20 hours a week to help the new building engineer (Edrol with Egis) for free off the books to help him not get fired and to start learning as an apprentice. With Jim getting fired, we all had to go. I would have been rehired under the new Real Estate owners, but Jim told me that because of his litigation with Legacy Partners, they would not hire any of Jim's employees/contractor's associated with him. I put in a lot of free work to help the company and the building engineer, and now I can't even get paid the thousands in the books still owed? I have credit card bills, and regular bills and borrowed money that I can not pay off enough to get out of debt at this point and with the high percentage rates on credit cards my bills just get higher due to their cruel level of high interest! I see no way out of this black hole without a decent paying job...in this economy??

I've been underpaid at other jobs as well; this seems to be the 90s/new millenium model of business unless you are lucky enough to get into a good union or work with an honest, decent owner/person. The laissez-faire business model is nothing short of slave wages to make the rich richer!

This business model is a crime. Businesses are condoned for their immoral behavior it seems, unless they are caught. Most of us are just working as hard as we can in a seriously downsliding economy--and yes business is taking full advantage of it!!

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, for help with your problem, contact James E. Clarkson, Investigator, WA Department of Licensing at 360-664-6521. Reference Case No. 2008-03-1700-00SEC.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message free thinking thoughts...